Weight Management Service
Saxenda, is also known as the skinny jab or the weight loss pen, this is a prescription-only medication to help you achieve a healthy weight by increasing feelings of satiety and hunger.
Saxenda weight loss injections course consists of an initial consultation, review at 2 weeks and further at 6 weeks. After your initial phase, your treatment can be continued for a few months.
What is Saxenda ?
Saxenda® (liraglutide) injection 3 mg is an injectable prescription medicine that may help some adults with excess weight (BMI ≥27) who also have weight-related medical problems or obesity (BMI ≥30) lose weight and keep the weight off. Saxenda® should be used with a reduced-calorie meal plan and increased physical activity.
- Saxenda® is not for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
- Saxenda® and Victoza® have the same active ingredient, liraglutide, and should not be used together
- Saxenda® should not be used with other GLP-1 receptor agonist medicines
- Saxenda® and insulin should not be used together
- It is not known if Saxenda® is safe and effective when taken with other prescription, over-the-counter, or herbal weight-loss products
- It is not known if Saxenda® changes your risk of heart problems or stroke or of death due to heart problems or stroke.
- Saxenda® is not safe and effective for children under 18 years of age.
How Saxenda works?
Saxenda® addresses one of your body’s natural responses to weight loss.
- Your body naturally produces an appetite hormone known as glucagon-like-peptide (GLP-1) that helps to regulate your hunger
- Saxenda® works like GLP-1 by regulating your appetite, which can lead to eating fewer calories and losing weight
- Saxenda® is not a stimulant.
How should I use Saxenda®?
- Inject your dose of Saxenda® under the skin (subcutaneous injection) in your stomach area (abdomen), upper leg (thigh), or upper arm, as instructed by your health care provider. Do not inject into a vein or muscle
- Never share your Saxenda® pen or needles with another person. You may give an infection to them, or get an infection from them
Please note intital prescription for Saxenda will provide you with medication for 4 weeks of dail injections
Initial GP Consultation, first prescription supply of needles and demo on how to use the pen.
Single Saxenda Pen
Course of 5 pens