Pinnaplasty is the correction of the ear size/shape.
Unfortunately, prominent ears is something that bothers a person right from their childhood days. .
Ears come in various sizes and they could potentially be too big in relation to the rest of the face. This usually not an issue unless the angle between the ears and the side of the head is exaggerated, making them stick out. This is mainly either due to the antihelical fold not being developed or due to a deep conchal bowl. A pinnaplasty procedure helps address this by creating this fold and bringing the ears back towards the side of the head and the conchal bowl can also be reduced.
There are various techniques that may be used depending on the issue. Surgery generally takes 1 – 2 hours.
What to expect:
- Anaesthesia: Local Anaesthetic
- Duration of inpatient stay: Day case procedure
- Wounds healed in: 1 week, ears need to be protected at night for 6 weeks.
- Scars matured in: Settle in 3 to 6 months, fully matured in 12 to 18 months
- Back to light work (Desk job): 1 – 2 weeks
- Back to cardiac exercise / fast walking: 2 to 3 weeks
- Back to labour intensive work / Exercise: 6 to 8 weeks
- Sexual activity: 6 to 8 weeks
- Able to drive: 2 weeks (Should be able to apply emergency stop)
- ‘Long haul’ flights / holidays: Avoid four weeks before and after. Short flights are okay but take precautions.
- Shower / bath: Keep dressing dry for one week but pamper yourself with a sponge bath.
- Sun bathe: Keep the scars covered or protected with a high factor sun protection cream until they mature in about a year or so.
- Garments: Head bandage for 1 week
- Post-operative review: 1 weeks, 3 months (As often as necessary if clinically indicated)
- Post-Operative pain / discomfort: 2 to 5 days
0% finance available
Ask in clinic for more info