Summer is upon us and Instagram is awash with images of hairless and gorgeously tanned legs. But have the beach-ready ladies of Instagram been introduced to the benefits of laser hair removal – a treatment that disables hair follicles and reduces hair growth?
Let’s put it this way, there are enough horror stories out there regarding shaving, waxing and various other hair removal methods to put you off for life! From razor burn and wax strips that become stuck, to injuries caused by contortion positions in extremely cramped shower spaces in order to ensure the whole back of your leg is perfectly shaven – we are amazed women still put themselves through this. Anyone who has experienced any of this will surely have thought, “there must be another way?”
To mark National Bikini Day, we would like to introduce you to the wonderful world of laser hair removal.
We want to give you as much information about laser hair removal as we can, so that you – as an individual – can work out whether this type of treatment is the right choice for you and your body.
Laser hair removal is a completely safe practice. The process involves using lasers to focus light through the hair and straight to the roots. This is where the magic happens! Hair follicles are disabled at the root, as the heat stops the hair from re-growing.
What is important to note about this procedure is that it is approved by the FDA for ‘permanent hair reduction’, as sometimes hair can regrow even though the procedure is named hair ‘removal’. However, even though the FDA promotes the treatment in this way, most people have noted that they have had complete removal of their hair when undergoing laser treatment.
If you do choose to have laser hair removal, we strongly recommend that you go to a reputable (hopefully medical grade laser salon) provider who will not cut corners. This procedure should only be done by a qualified professional. As the old saying goes, if the price looks too good to be true then it more than likely is. At the end of the day, we at Evolve Medical want people to enjoy undergoing beauty treatments but only in a safe and reputable environment. You only get one body so please love it and take care of it!
- Laser hair removal is very effective when it comes to expelling hair from large areas of the body as every pulse that the laser fires is very likely to treat more than one hair.
- Opting for laser hair removal can ultimately save you time as you don’t have to keep eradicating hair every couple of weeks as it regrows.
- We currently offer laser removal for an array of body parts such as the hands, feet, toes, underarms, bikini line, full face, legs etc.
- As we mentioned earlier about the FDA counting this treatment as ‘hair reduction’ rather than ‘hair removal’; it has been found that most people experience permanent hair loss with laser treatment so other treatments such as electrolysis (the FDA classes this as a ‘permanent hair removal’ solution) are not necessary. This is a bonus too as electrolysis is a more costly procedure and most people find it more painful.
- You shouldn’t undergo laser hair removal procedures with a tan – the darkening of your skin can match with the pigment of your roots making it harder for the laser to pinpoint your hairs – so make sure that you use sunscreen and book your procedure before your holiday. Saying that, who wouldn’t want fur-free and picture ready pins for their holiday anyway? We know we would!
- It can take up to six sessions for unwanted hair to be successfully removed so you need to be patient with the procedures.
- Laser hair removal can be quite uncomfortable, this is something to consider before committing to the procedure.
- Like any sort of treatment there is the possible chance of side effects and these are usually itching and swelling of the skin and only last a couple of days. If you are concerned about these, be sure to voice them with your salon before treatment begins.
Ultimately, only you know what you’d prefer and what would work for you in terms of hair removal so the only person whose verdict matters is yours. Whatever you decide, we wish you the very best and think that you made the right choice!
Lots of love,
Evolve Medical UK ~ Love the skin you’re in <3
If you’d like a quick chat, further information or to make a booking, call us on: 01132 576701